I've had my 'White Elgrand E51 Series 2' for over three weeks and it has brought nothing but joy! Huge thanks to
@Colin Price for his patience and knowledge during the purchasing process.
I've just used it locally so far but am hoping to get up to Scotland over Easter to visit family and give it a good run out.
There have been many positives so far:
> A Japanese greeting every time I turn the ignition key.
> Two Pokémon keyrings in the glove box!
> Our two children's love of the Elgrand. My son and I spent a whole afternoon checking out all possible seat combinations.
> Finding a zone one DVD in our DVD collection called 'The Lovely Bones' and seeing it actually work inside the Elgrand. Rubbish film but it was so cool to see it play!
> Finding an old collection of mini-discs in our garage from the time when my wife and I first started dating (all of which work in the Elgrand and bring back many memories when we are driving along).
> The smiles on people's faces when they see the Elgrand for the first time plus the conversation that follows.
> The Elgrand community both online and on the road. Two waves from fellow Elgrand drivers (Cyncoed Road and bottom of Power Station Hill) sent the children into hysteria! They are now constantly on the lookout for fellow Elgrand drivers.
> Driving it.
> Washing it.
> Looking at it.
As the title of the thread states...the Elgrand has driven perfectly!
Many thanks to all the members of the forum, it is a fountain of knowledge and one I hope to contribute more to, as time passes.