• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What do you have on your TV AUX

Can you adjust the roof screen aspect ratio like you can do on the front screen?
 
Can you adjust the roof screen aspect ratio like you can do on the front screen?
There's a button on the remote control for that.
 
Ooh ok
I dont have the remotes🙄

So you can’t adjust the rear one from the front menu then?
 
Ooh ok
I dont have the remotes🙄

So you can’t adjust the rear one from the front menu then?
No. The buttons on the front panel only control the front screen. Rear screen needs the remote. If you don't have one there are a few Elgrand breakers on here who would be able to supply.
 
Thanks ive just purchased 2 remotes (TV and Air Con) from MSL Parts, plus a few other bits that were missing in my van.

Very helpful chap and a good price.
 
Does anyone know how to connect or where to connect to the built in stock TV Aeriel?

So that I can use it to connect it to my uk dvbt2 box that I want to plug in to my TV Aux socket along with my raspberry pi 3b and hdmi switcher ( so I can have both plugged in at the same time and simply choose which one I want on screen, I could also route the sound from the RPi for music whilst having the TV image on screen)?
 
You need to sit in the middle or back seats to use the remote. I’m never sure where to point it, sometimes it needs to be at the dash and sometimes the roof screen it seems.
 
Does anyone know how to connect or where to connect to the built in stock TV Aeriel?

So that I can use it to connect it to my uk dvbt2 box that I want to plug in to my TV Aux socket along with my raspberry pi 3b and hdmi switcher ( so I can have both plugged in at the same time and simply choose which one I want on screen, I could also route the sound from the RPi for music whilst having the TV image on screen)?
There is a thread about this if you search in the audio vis sections. I considered it but ended up using the one supplied with my box and sticking it to a side window, that way I knew it would work.
 
You need to sit in the middle or back seats to use the remote. I’m never sure where to point it, sometimes it needs to be at the dash and sometimes the roof screen it seems.
Thanks for that, will try when I get the remotes
 
There is a thread about this if you search in the audio vis sections. I considered it but ended up using the one supplied with my box and sticking it to a side window, that way I knew it would work.
Cheers will look
 
The built in TV aerial plugs into the analogue TV tuner behind the rear trim panel. The old Japanese analogue TV band uses the same frequency spectrum as the UK DAB radio signal. Not sure it will work with UK DVB.
 
I will give it a go but 1st I’ll plug in the dvb tuner into the RCA to check
The built in TV aerial plugs into the analogue TV tuner behind the rear trim panel. The old Japanese analogue TV band uses the same frequency spectrum as the UK DAB radio signal. Not sure it will work with UK DVB.
it works ….
 
today, bought android tv box, connected to rear av port. and found out there is no power output from 100v converter...:sob:
 
today, bought android tv box, connected to rear av port. and found out there is no power output from 100v converter...:sob:
Did you switch it on at the front?
 
I wouldn't use this for power, it really interferes with the AV signal. Use a good quality 12v to 5v usb source... my android box had a 5v barrel plug, so I bought a usb to barrel adapter.
 
Changing the subject slightly but staying on the aux input theme, I installed the Canm8 cruise control over the Easter weekend and whilst working around the fuse box area I noticed what looks like another aux input plug? Dose the Elgrand have 2? One in the front and one in the back or was it something else?
I’m struggling to even find my aux input, as I only have the single screen in a 2008 E51, I’ve removed the drivers side far rear panel where the TV tuner box is, but it seems to have wires plugged into all the interfaces, so I can’t add an input myself, so I’m assuming there is already an input tucked away somewhere else? 😫
 
Beside the drivers side sliding door? Red, yellow and white sockets in a recess, May have a rubber cover pushed onto them.
 
No nothing there, I’ve looked everywhere, it must be because it has only one has the front screen? But still, you would need the aux ports to use the aux setting on the TV tuner?
 
Back
Top